Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Nearly 3 months later, and Joel has finally landed the Hotel Monaco job. The morning after our wedding, we jumped in the car so Joel could interview with the manager at the Hotel Monaco. Before moving back to Utah to get married, he was working at the Hotel Monaco in Seattle and hoped to make a smooth transfer to the Salt Lake hotel.

The managers there took their time in getting back to him, and finally did last week. His first day was yesterday, working 3pm-11pm. This morning he told me how excited he was to be working there. I can tell he is happy in his job...finally! I know how crappy it is to hate your place of employment. Been there, done that. I'm so glad that he happy.


On a side note, my full time school attempt this summer is kicking my butt. Interesting how just one extra class is giving me "drop-out" thoughts. Don't worry, I won't quit. I'll make it through the semester somehow. But believe me, I will NOT be doing this again. An extra two semesters is worth my daily sanity.

On Monday, Joel's brother, Dennis, and his wife, Kristen, and their 10 month old, Liam, came over for dinner. Joey was with us that night as well. What started out as a disastrous evening (I ruined my first batch of cookie dough) ended up simply marvelous! Joey helped me make the cookies and we had a good time hanging out and enjoying good food.

2 comments: