Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Welcome!

Holy cow...I can't believe I'm starting a family blog. I can't believe I have a family to blog about! It's been almost 3 months since Joel and I got married. It's been one crazy ride ever since we met, but it keeps getting better and better everyday. To introduce you better to how our lives ended up collaborating here is the "Our Story" page from our wedding website.



First of all, yes. We know it's fast. Thank you for your concern. But, when it's right, it's right, and well. . .it's right.

Maggie and I met while singing in the Deseret Chamber Singers just four short months ago. Our first date was intended to be nothing more than an attempt on both sides to have some fun without having to worry about all the "hassle" of a relationship. . .maybe trying to find someone to have fun with without the guy having to buy flowers or the girl pretending to be interested in sports. After all, I was a divorced, unemployed father of one, and she was newly single, looking to stay that way for a while. Instead, we ended up spending almost every day together.
That approach to dating did one thing, though. . .we got to know each other pretty fast. Neither of us seemed interested in impressing the other. I made no attempt to hide my love of movies and television, not to mention the frightening reality of my BYU sports fanaticism, and she felt comfortable telling me when I had hung around too long and needed to leave.

The problem with getting to know Maggie was, she was exactly what I was hoping to find, although I wasn't looking.

We hoped that my move to Seattle would provide us a good opportunity to spend some time apart, since we were both aware that we were getting much more involved than we cared to admit. Instead, we spent (spend) hours each day talking on the phone, texting (I know. . .) and chatting on facebook (I REALLY know. . .)

Long story short (too late) I spent a week in Salt Lake, she spent a week in Seattle, and we knew all we needed to know. I knew that I would be lucky if I could have her all my life, and she seemed to think that I was going to make a lot of money, must have figured I was due.
So here we are. We are so grateful for the support of family and friends, amid what must seem to most a whirlwind engagement/wedding, to say the least.

And hopefully, when you get a chance to see us together, you will see how happy we make each other, and be confident that we have made a great decision. . .I know I am.
We got married March 25, 2010 and had the most beautiful wedding I could have imagined, given my 3 week window to plan. I've never made a better decision in my life. I am so happy to have started my life with Joel and my awesome step son, Joey!

No comments:

Post a Comment