Friday, July 9, 2010

Losing it With Jillian Michael's

Some might call me crazy for doing this, but two days ago I signed up on Jillian's website. I had no idea what I was getting myself into, but I'm committed to sticking with it...at least through the end of my free month of membership. My weight loss program is as follows:

1270 calories per day

4 days a week - circuit training
2 days a week - rest
1 day a week - cardio only

Yesterday was my first day. Sticking to the 1270 calories is easy for two reasons. Being allowed to eat foods that I wasn't allowed to eat when I followed The ZONE is wonderful. I now can enjoy reasonable amounts of whole grain bread, pasta, and an occasional potato or carrot! Staying at 1270 calories a day is made easier when you're working your tail off to lose weight as well. Granted it's only been 1 day, I feel like this is a legitimate claim. I want to keep with my low calorie diet because my workouts will pay off faster.

I have done many weight loss programs in my short life, and have consistently failed to exercise in addition to restricting my calorie intake. I would imagine how great it would be if I would double up on diet and exercise. I'm looking forward to achieving the health that I want for my life.

Until now I always wanted to lose weight to be more attractive and feel sexier. Now I want to lose weight and get fit for so many more reasons that my appearance. I want to lose weight and get fit for the following reasons:

I want good health

I want to be strong

I want children

I want to live to see my grandchildren

I want to run

I want hike

I want to sleep well

I want strong bones

I want to garden

I want healthy pregnancies

I want to recover from illness quickly

I WANT TO LIVE

I feel pretty convicted to stick with this lifestyle and am confident that I have a strong support system and a wonderful husband to motivate me when I struggle to keep going. Looking forward to posting my before and after pictures at the end of the year. I'll keep you posted on my progress in the mean time.

No comments:

Post a Comment